- First Party Insurance Defense (residential and commercial)
- Third Party Insurance Defense (premises liability, dram shop, negligent security)
- Insurance Coverage Issues
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- J.D. - 1996
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: Economics
- Florida, 1996
Jason Salgado's practice primarily consists of civil litigation with a focus on first party property claims, premises liability actions, insurance coverage issues and personal injury law involving a multitude of coverage and litigation issues. Mr. Salgado has handled all aspects of first and third party property insurance claims - including sinkhole, wind, water damage, theft, lightning, hurricane, hail damage, fire losses, premises liability, negligent security and dram shop claims - from inception to trial and has resolved countless cases by focusing on counseling his clients to achieve their goals in the most cost-effective manner, often before reaching trial, avoiding its uncertainty.
- Mr. Salgado represented a Florida insurance company involving a hurricane claim where the insured did not submit a supplemental claim within the three year period required under Fla. Stat. 627.70132. A motion for summary judgment was filed and the court found that the insured failed to provide the requisite notice finding for the insurance carrier.
- Mr. Salgado represented several Florida insurance companies involving an assignment of benefits which had not been executed by all insureds and mortgagees. The court granted a summary judgment motion finding that the assignment was invalid.
- Mr. Salgado represented a Florida Insurance company involving a dog bite incident in which the policy contained an animal exclusion. The matter was appealed and an opinion was issued by the Second District Court of Appeal finding that the exclusion was valid and unambiguous.
- Geovera Specialty Insurance Company
- Homeowners Choice Company & Casualty Insurance Company
- Heritage Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- Auto-Owners Insurance Company
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Salgado Thomas PA, Partner, 11/2021 to 06/2022
- Perez Salgado Thomas + Lewis PA, Partner, 06/2017 to 11/2021