- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Saint Vincent College, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Politics
- Major: Criminology
- Pennsylvania, 2020
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
As an attorney with Hardin Thompson, P.C., Jake focuses his efforts on defending insured clients in general liability matters, including cases involving simple negligence, premises liability and automobile liability. Jake has successfully represented clients in all aspects of litigation in both state and federal court, including obtaining defense verdicts for insured defendants at the magistrate court level and favorable arbitration rulings for insured defendants and landlords at arbitration. Additionally, Jake has represented clients in disputes before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and National Labor Relations Board, resulting in settlements.
Prior to joining Hardin Thompson, P.C., Jake worked for a local general practice law firm specializing in insurance bad faith, property damage and business litigation.
Jake graduated from Duquesne University School of Law. While in law school, Jake worked for a local civil litigation law firm, specializing in insurance defense and construction law, and interned with the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti, Chief Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania. While at Duquesne, Jake was a member of Duquesne's National Trial Advocacy Team and was the recipient of the "Shalom Moot Court Award" and the "CALI Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy."
Jake is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and in the Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented Insured client in action filed by motorist alleging negligence against Insured for a motor vehicle accident. Magistrate Judge found for Insured and awarded motorist no damages.
- Represented Landlord client in action for unpaid rent and eviction against tenant. Board of Arbitrators found for our client and awarded client all relief sought.
- Represented Employee client in action for retaliation/wrongful termination under the National Labor Relations Act. The case was resolved through settlement.
- Represented Insured client in action filed by a patron of Insured client’s store for premises liability. The case was resolved through settlement.
- Represented Insured business in action filed by an individual injured in front of business’s store for premise’s liability. Individual voluntarily dismissed our Insured Business from the case before summary judgment was filed.
- Represented Business client in breach of contract action against another business for services performed and not fully paid for. Arbitrators found for our client and awarded relief.
- Shalom Moot Court Award
- CALI Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy