Mike received his Bachelor of Arts in Political science from the University of Pennsylvania in 1998. Thereafter he obtained his Juris Doctorate from the Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, where he served as President of his class in 2001. Seeking to hone is trial skills, he obtained a Masters of Laws Degree (LLM) from Temple University's Beasley School of Law thereafter. He is the author of various articles featured in the American Bar Association Journal and the Legal Intelligencer on civil litigation issues and is frequent lecturer for the National Business Institute.
Before joining Hardin Thompson, PC, Mike worked for various litigation firms in his career and developed expertise in such areas as admiralty, transportation law, defense of personal injury and death cases under Jones Act and state law, insurance coverage litigation, bad- faith defense, dram shop cases, general liability, products liability, commercial litigation, creditors' rights, estate litigation and will challenges, bankruptcy litigation, foreclosure and nursing home litigation.
Mike has extensive experience handling a variety of maritime and transportation cases, including the arrest/attachment of vessels, defense of wrongful death, injury, cargo damage, casualty investigations and collision cases. In addition to his maritime work, Mike represents professional guardians appointed by the Courts to manage the affairs of disabled persons and has litigated important end of life litigation. This experience informs his estate planning and estate administration practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey where he has probated wills and engaged in litigation before Orphans Courts in a five-county area.
Mike is politically active at the local and state level, and has served a Board Solicitor for several suburban towns, and also as President of the Council for his home town of Lansdowne, PA. As a result of the knowledge and connections fostered in these government affairs, Mike has a unique perspective which is invaluable when dealing with government agencies on behalf of our clients.
Mike is a certified Mediator from his time clerking for the Superior Court of New Jersey, and has served as an arbitrator for the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He presently serves as a Judge Pro tem (Settlement Master) for the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia, and is available to help you settle your matter as a neutral mediator or arbitrator.
Mike lives in Lansdowne, Delaware County, Pennsylvania where he volunteers for his daughter's girl scout troop.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: Poltitcal Science
- Honorable Willilam J. Cook, Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Camden County, Judicial Law Clerk
- Brown & Connery, 2002 to 2006
- Law Offices of Bruce Neff , 2004 to 2006
- Law Offices of Bruce Neff, 2004 to 2006
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Camden County Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphis Bar Associations, Member
- New Jersey, 2002
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- New York, 2021
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit